One sucktastic vacation



25 OCT 2014

Look, the only reason I’m writing this is because once I'm all famous, people will expect me to write an autobiography, and I know that I'm not going to remember 90% of what happens now.

I know. I know, I'm starting to sound like Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but I'm starting to see his point of view.

Immediately a problem arises. There's no way I can keep track of those dusty old diaries and keep them in one piece, I know that I won’t be able to keep track of them EVEN if it’s in a document format on my laptop.

The solution- Upload it on my blog. That way I'm basically writing my own biography, bit by bit.

But I won't upload EACH AND EVERY diary entry. Most of my school days are generally monotonous and uninteresting. So I'm going to upload my diary entry on those days where something of interest ACTUALLY happens.

Why did I stop writing my diary, you may ask. The fact is that writing a diary is a grueling and frustrating job. For each day you are allotted one page ONLY, so there are days where you have tons of stuff to write about that they should be allotted three pages but you're forced to cram it all in one page. Also there are some days that are SO lazy that all I could write was what I had for lunch.

Some of you might say that I could avoid cramming everything in one and page and use the previous half-empty pages. But I guess I have an obsessive compulsive disorder. I just can’t stand it.

It took me a while to hit upon the simple truth- don’t write your dairy in a standard diary. Use a notebook or something. That way you can write 51/2 pages for Monday and fill the other half with what happened on Tuesday. Absolutely foolproof.

Okay, back to the matter at hand, my journal [no longer a diary] has been incomplete since May. There's NO WAY I'm gonna sit here and tell what happened in the past six months, so let’s just fast forward to present day.

PRESENT DAY 

Our first terminal exams just ended ad now we have a two week vacation. Most people must be having a gala time right now, but mine wasn’t going too great. I mean nothing remotely interesting happened throughout the vacation. I would do my homework in the morning [yes, our hindi teacher, el maestro Diablo, gave us homework just as we were leaving]. I get bored to death in the afternoon.

 Normally I would do a lot of things to do, nut there was nothing good on TV, my PS2 is old and now malfunctioning and worst of all, my mom confiscated my hard disk, which was full of movies.

Why was it confiscated? A long story, okay, it's not too long.

Well during the exams I borrowed my mom’s watch and one day I forgot it at school. My mom was pretty pissed, 3 reasons why-
1. It was limited edition
2. It was damn expensive
3. It was my mom’s favorite

I didn’t lose it, it was where I left it and I returned it immediately. But she said-“I don’t care, a punishment has to be given”. So she took away my hard disc, she said I had prove myself to get it back. Unfortunately, I don’t think it would involve killing Zeus in God of War.

So basically I would just lie around all day doing nothing. Once I finished my homework, I nearly considered playing with my brother’s toys. Mind you, I'm 14.

Finally my friends and I decided to go for a movie. When I asked my mom, she was totally against it because of what happened at the last day of school.    

Well, since it was the last day of school, just before the vacations, one of us bought a cake. Now, on that day it was also a rangoli making competition.

For those of you who don’t know what it is, a rangoli is a design made on the ground using flowers. It looks something like this-
Here's an example of a rangoli
Then SOMEONE [not me] got the bright idea of splattering cake on peoples face. And soon, we had a fully fledged food fight on our hands. We even destroyed the rangoli and used the flowers as ammunition. By the time the teachers broke it up, the classroom floor was covered with flowers, so it looked like someone had set up a class over a grave.    

Apparently, this was the FIRST EVER food fight in the history of our school. We got chewed out by the teachers pretty badly.

Other kids parents wouldn’t even find out what happened, but my mom? She just HAPPENS to be the senior coordinator of our school and was the one who chewed us out. So now she doesn’t trust our behavior outside the school. So I couldn’t go to the movie.

The only good break that I got was the trip to the beach. It was relatively unknown and so wasn’t crowded. The ground was littered with beautiful seashells and white rocks. My dad went totally wacko and collected a bag full of those. I had so much fun there that I even forgave my mom for not letting me go to the movies.

And that’s how my vacation went and it took nearly 4 pages to write it down. It's not my best I’ll admit...but I will be back with more [and hopefully better] ones.

Comments

Popular Posts