Misadventures in School- Week One

Hey guys! Summer vacation just ended, school has begun. I'm already really, really exhausted. I'm in tenth grade, which is a very important year for us as it decides the rest of our careers or something like that.

Anyway, I've come to realize that tenth grade was made for one purpose and one purpose only- To make kids wonder if growing up is as fun as they thought it would be. Well, I've decided to chronicle my adventures or rather, my misadventures in school.

Monday/Tuesday

I wake up at 5 am everyday and study a bit and try to get back on track with what we’re studying in class. Believe me, I didn’t get enough time to study during the vacations. For three weeks I was out of town. When I got home, I had two weeks to complete my vacation projects and so I was completing them. I now have no idea what we studied before vacations, and I gotta catch up fast.

The first two days were the worst. I had to deal with so much studies, homework, stress, exam pressure and general Bu!!s**t that I felt depressed. I felt like I was falling into an abyss, an eternal festering pit.
I was so busy that I didn’t have time to sit down. I felt like my happiness was being sucked out by a Dementor. I wanted, I'm sorry, I needed another month of vacations.
Like This....
                    
To make it worse, this year the school went Jar Jar Binks on us (don't ask me what it means, it just sounds appropriate). This year the school added ANOTHER terminal exam, giving only two months of school before exams. That means exams are next month!

I was frustrated. I was angry. I was stressed. I was depressed. I was tired. I couldn’t care less about anything, at all.  People say that punching bags would help relieve stress. I don't think it would work in my case. I could punch that bags guts out but  once I'm done,  I’d find my problem still standing, grinning, towering over me and that would make me more angry.

I wanted to write a post about how angry I was, I was too busy to do it.
Until now.

Was I so depressed that I considered taking socially unacceptable roads? HELL NO! I'm no coward. I spent thirteen years of my life in school doing this sh*t and I'm not backing off at the last year. So that's out of question like, forever.

To prove how busy I was, my phone battery lasted thrice as long as it normally does, meaning I've been thrice as busy.

I guess my frustration caused me to be rude to my parents and I feel ashamed for it. If I've been rude to anyone else and I can’t recall it, I'm really sorry.

Wednesday/Thursday

It’s the morning, everyone’s going to school or work or whatever. My family’s crammed into the elevator. My parents start talking about how frustrated and grumpy I look nowadays and how the only way to see me smile now is from a distance, when I'm with my friends.
[cue soft heart-warming music]

That point hit me like a bus. I felt bad. I realized that I was letting my problems get the better of me. I had floated away with my problems and got angry that everyone else was on the ground.  I wanted to break something, but the only thing that broke was my cool.

So I pulled out my determination cape and painted a huge, ugly smiley face on it. I decided to not let my frustration show on face. (Acne hogs enough of it already.) I will remain as one of the class clowns. I will work hard throughout the year. I will get tired, angry and frustrated, but for the sake of everyone else, I won’t show it. Conceal, don’t feel. LOL.

All this happened in three days? I've been told that I move fast, and judging from the fact that I was infatuated with my first crush for only two days, I’ll second that statement. 

No. I'm not telling that story.

The rest of the day was uninteresting, with my studies going as usual, except with a cooler head.
Then I fell sick......

Friday

I wake up at 5 am, try to study, but I’m attacked by a blinding stomach pain. My parents let me stay home. I can’t disclose the details about it but I can tell you that I visited the bathroom more than 10 times that day. I ain't telling anything else.

Wow, I just told you too much, online, publicly. Well, I guess I'm just "badass" that way.
I need a medal for that pun
I tried to study but it’s hard to do so when you feel a knife in your gut.

I guess this has happened before. I have way too much work and my body literally says screw it and becomes ill. A few years ago I was in for a very hectic week- 2 basketball matches, 2 quizzes and 2 art competitions. I was so stressed out that I was hospitalized for WEEKS.

I hope this isn’t it. That would be the definition of SUCKY TIMING.

Well, it is Sunday 7:50 am now, no one else is awake. I do feel better now. Well, that's pretty much everything that's happened over the week. I wouldn’t bore you with details of my homework; that would be child abuse.

Wow, I actually managed to keep this post PG! Whoa! Yes! Fu......I mean FUN! Phew, that was close.

Where’s ME 2, you ask? Well like I said, I'm tired, so I don't even have the strength to think for ONE person, let alone two.

Anyway, your recommended book for this post is......

Quiet by Susan Cain

                                               
Pretty famous. Really big. Talks about introverts and breaks a lot of myths about them.  It talks about how extroverts have become the cultural ideal and how they do not realize the value of introverts. It talks about the biology and the hormones related to introversion, but I skipped that part, it was way too draggy. It asked questions like “when should you act more extroverted than you really are?”

I loved the book albeit I took a lot of time to read it. It helped me understand who an introvert really is and I'm an ambivert, leaning more towards introversion.

I’d rate it a 9 out of 10. I'm cutting marks for biology because it bored me. But in all, it’s a great book.

Yours in Demigodishness,

Unniposeidon.

Comments

Popular Posts